Are you a home owner with an existing bond, but in financial distress and unable to make your bond repayments? Avoid the risk of having your property repossessed, ending up with a bad credit record and facing long and costly legal procedures.
How? Consider selling your home.
At Joubert Scholtz Inc. we understand how difficult financial distress can be. EasySell, a product offered by Standard Bank, might be the lifeline you need to protect your financial well-being.
What is EasySell?
EasySell is a private sale option offer by Standard Bank, that is designed to help you sell your property and settle your home loan debt in the most stress-free way possible.
How does EasySell work?
By partnering with approved estate agents and legal experts in your area, who specialise in marketing your property in the media and via MyRoof.co.za, and assist with all the legal procedures, Standard Bank ensures that you get the best possible price for your home. This selling price is used to settle all the relevant costs, fees, levies and your outstanding bond. Any shortfall can then be paid off through an interest free loan.
How do you benefit?
- Standard Bank helps you manage the entire selling process.
- With the right financial, property and legal support, you get to sell your home sooner.
- Finance the shortfall with a 5-10 years interest free loan (depending on the shortfall amount)
- Get up to 10% discount* on the outstanding balance of your home loan account.
- No upfront payments (even include arears rates and taxes, levies and the electrical compliance certificate as part of your shortfall) (*Discount only applicable if there is a shortfall)
EasySell Structuring Example:
|Outstanding balance:||R500 000|
|Less up to 10% discount* on outstanding balance:||(R50 000)|
|Total Outstanding||R450 000|
|Less selling price (nett after agent’s commission)||(R350 000)|
|Overdue levies, rates and taxes||R20 000|
|Electrical compliance certificate||R5 000|
|Total shortfall||R125 000|
(*Discount only applicable if there is a shortfall)
Further benefits for you from EasySell:
Standard Bank’s dedicated EasySell team will use their knowledge of property marketing to help you get your property sold sooner rather than later. What’s more:
- You stay in control of the sale of your property at all times. You can agree a minimum reserve price (the amount you want for your property) upfront. If this price is not met, the property will not be sold without your consent.
- You save money, as Standard Bank negotiates the lowest, most competitive rate of commission payable to the estate agent.
- Standard Bank will manage the entire process for you until the property is registered in the name of the buyer and you have received the proceeds of the sale.
- Standard Bank also make it attractive to buyers by offering them up to 100% loans on all EasySell properties through Standard Bank and they can also get a 50% discount on their transfer and bond registration fees. (provided the same attorney is used for both transactions)
Don’t wait until it’s too late – talk to Joubert Scholtz Inc. about EasySell today!
Although it’s a tough decision, if selling your home can make a real difference to your financial health it has to be an option worth considering. And if you are already in debt, it makes sense to take action as soon as possible to rescue the situation before it gets any worse.
Click here to download the Standard Bank EasySell Brochure.
Contact Us so we can help set the process in motion – and set your mind at ease.
Joubert Scholtz Attorneys – Jaco Joubert
Call us – 011 966 7600
Email us – firstname.lastname@example.org
Information supplied by Standard Bank
Terms and conditions apply.
Standard Bank is an Authorised financial services and registered credit provider (NCRCP15)
The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited (Reg. No. 1962/000738/06). SBSA 251711-10/16